By: RK Electrical
When you compare light-emitting diode (LED) lights to conventional lighting methods, you’ll find that LEDs are the smartest solution. LED light bulbs bring together positive and negative charges to create energy which is then released in the form of light. The result is a fast source of light that is instantaneous and reliable.
Top 10 Benefits of LED Lights:
- Long Life: LED lights have an exceptional life expectation. They can last up to 11 years with continuous operation, or 22 years with part-time operation. In other words, if you leave a LED light on for eight hours per day, it would take twenty years before needing replacement.
- Energy Efficient: LEDs are estimated to be up to 90% energy efficient when compared with traditional lighting sources. This means that nearly all of the electrical energy is converted to light, while a minimal amount is converted into other forms of energy, such as heat.
- Eco-Friendly: LED lights are free of toxic chemicals and are completely recyclable. Most conventional fluorescent light bulbs contain materials that are dangerous for the environment and are not recyclable.
- Minimal Emissions: LED lights produce little infrared light and close to no UV emissions, which makes them highly suitable for materials that are sensitive to heat. They are also great for UV-sensitive objects, such as those in museums, for example.
- Design Flexibility: LEDs can be combined in any shape to produce efficient lighting. They can be dimmed--resulting in a dynamic control of light, color and distribution--which can be used to affect mood.
- Focus: LEDs can be designed to focus their light to a specific location, but can also be used for multi-directional ambient lighting.
- Instant Light: Once turned on, LED lights come to full brightness without requiring time to warm-up. This is particularly helpful with traffic and signal lights.
- Unlimited Switching: LED lights can be switched on and off frequently without affecting their lifespan, emissions or instant brightness. Traditional lighting can take several seconds to reach full brightness and switching them off and on frequently reduces their life expectancy.
- Low-Voltage: A low-voltage power supply is sufficient for LED illumination, which makes them easy to use in outdoor settings with a solar-energy source. This is very useful in remote or rural areas.
- Durable: LEDs are extremely durable rugged and resistant to shock, vibrations, external impacts and extreme temperatures.
LED lights are available in a variety of colors, which makes them adaptable for use in almost any environment or lighting situation. They are offered in base colors such as red, green, blue and amber and can be blended together to produce millions of other color options as well.
can perform LED lighting retrofits on nearly any type of facility that will lower your energy usage and save on utility costs. Retrofits often yield utility company rebates and tax deduction incentives for building owners. Lighting upgrades in commercial facilities average a project payback period of a little over two years, with up to a 45% return on investment.
RK’s Energy Audit and Savings Program can also significantly decrease operating and equipment costs while increasing facility value. Our program includes:
- Project assessment including energy and facility audits
- Recommendations regarding equipment and utility improvements
- Evaluation of cost savings to validate our service plan
- Off-balance sheet financing options available
- Performance agreements with guaranteed savings
Visit our web site
for more information or contact us at email@example.com
to discuss your electrical needs.