The holidays can be exhausting. But, getting some time to rest and relax during the season is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Here are some ideas of how you can recharge, while still celebrating, from Entrepreneur magazine.
- SOLITUDE: Enjoy your time alone. Begin each morning by calmly clearing your mind and mentally preparing yourself for the day ahead.
- BREATH: It's likely a family member will say or do something to get under your skin. When that happens, take a deep breath and think about how you want the rest of the day to go before reacting. If you have a negative response, that may linger with you (and those around you) for the rest of the day.
- GRATITUDE: Spread hugs and well wishes to those you are with, letting them know that you are grateful for them. Not only will it make them happy, but it will put you in a good mood too.
- GO OUTSIDE: Getting fresh air and taking a walk can lower your stress levels.
- REFLECT: Spend some time in the evening thinking about all the meaningful events of the day and the people who motivate and inspire you. This simple act can energize you.
So, do enjoy time with friends and family this holiday season, but don't forget to take time for yourself too.